Saturday, June 20, 2009

Two Challenges in One Card!


The Whiff of Joy Challenge a few weeks back was a color challenge. We were to use blue and brown together in our cards. I thought this sounded like a great challenge since those are colors I don't usually use together, at least not those by themselves. So I dug out this House Mouse stamp which is so adorable and the colors worked beautiful (if I say so myself) for the image. I also used the SC229 sketch which was a really fun sketch. Hope everyone is having a great stamping day.

Recipe:
Stamp: House Mouse Hot Cocoa
Paper: The Paper Studio from HL
Ink: Colorbox chalk
Accessories: Thank you ribbon from LSS, Lyra watercolor pencils, Stickles, and Nesties.

10 comments:

thescrapmaster said...

Aw it is sooo pretty! I am blown away, whew you sure can color! I am a little envious!

Barb said...

Great card, that's what I love about color challenges it gets me using colors I don't normally use.

Thanks for all the great comments on my blog.

Barb-SBS26

Julie Temple said...

HI Traci-
WOW this is totally adorable! I LOVE the brown and blue color combo! I agree with thescrapmaster-Girl, you can color! Wanna give lessons? Hehehe
I have looked though your blog, and your work is wonderful...I am now a stalker...errr FOLLOWER!!
Hugs,
Julie

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Traci, I LOVE, love, love this card! You did an amazing job coloring the image and I love the sentiment on the ribbon. The whole card just comes together so beautifully... WoW!

Vickie said...

That card is very pretty! You always do a nice job with coloring:)

Naomi said...

Oh, I love House Mouse!!!!! Your textures and colors are amazing. This card just makes you smile!

Julie Temple said...

I have an award for you on my blog...please stop by and get it!

Hugs,
Julie

Anonymous said...

This is so prety. the stamp is adorable and I love the coloring. I like the different layers of colors.

Mary Duffek said...

Adorable card! Love your coloring....great job.

melody said...

wow ~ fabulous job on the house mouse! love it

melody
SBS26